Monday, March 1, 2010

Update on birthday appeal

Thank you all you lovely people who have donated to my 40th birthday appeal. My birthday (and International Women's Day) is in one week (March 8) and the appeal will finish a couple of days after that.

My main objective was to raise lots of money for Marie Stopes. I originally went for $2,000 with me matching it by the same. But that target was hammered pretty quickly, so I extended it.

Twice.

I have decided to match to $4,000 now - and at the time of writing am just $600 away from it. I had taken 'The Life You Can Save' Pledge, an initiative run by ethicist and author Peter Singer but even though I am in his lowest income category I will be well over the minimum he asks for.

I also encourage you to pledge a percentage of your income to charity - and any donation to my birthday appeal will count towards it!

Thanks again wonderful friends, family and caring fundraisers.

(If you haven't donated yet, please do by clicking here, thanks!)

Sean

No comments:

Disaster Fundraising Guide download it here